Giving an oil massage to your baby is very important. However what is more important is choosing the right oil. And at IYTHEALTH.com, we are constantly here to assist.
A gentle massage can do marvels to your baby– it can soothe your child’s skin or relieve her tummy, and even give her correct nourishment. And all this depends upon the type of oil you select.
Here we spare you from the inconvenience of picking the right baby massage oils, so that your baby can constantly have a happy and healthy time.
Best Oil for Baby Massage
You may have numerous thoughts in your mind on how to use a massage for your little one. Here are some pointers you can follow while you are all set to give the masage.
- Prior to you attempt any oil on your baby’s skin, just dab a little on her hand and see if it works with her skin. If your baby’s skin develops any rash, then avoid using that oil. Nevertheless, all baby oils go compatible with their skin.
- Carefully put some oil on your baby’s tummy and start massaging with soft strokes. Do not put any unneeded additional pressure.
- Give a massage just when your baby is up for it. Remember that her convenience level is more vital.
- Keep a look at your baby’s sleep cycle and then decide to give a massage appropriately.
Which Massage Oil is Best for Baby in Summer?
- Coconut oil is one of the best choices in hot summertime and damp environments.
- Lighter in texture, it quickly soaks up into the skin and uses a cooling result on the body.
- Coconut oil is an efficient treatment for delicate skin and problems like eczema, rashes, patchy skin, dermatitis and cradle cap.
- Using a small amount of coconut oil after bath will moisturize your baby’s skin and keeps it supple.
- Coconut oil includes anti-oxidants, lauric and caprylic acids, which are fantastic for her skin.
- It likewise has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties that make it a perfect choice for baby’s skin.
The best coconut oil you can try for your baby is COCONUT BABY OIL Organic Moisturizer.
It is paraben totally free, chemical complimentary and eco-friendly massage oil. The calming scent of coconut unwinds the baby. It consists of sunflower oil that nurtures the baby’s tender skin. Another major component is Virgin Coconut Oil, rich in vitamin E and anti-oxidants that offer healthy skin.
Similarly, Sesame oil is another option to coconut oil that you can choose during summer seasons.
- Sesame or til as commonly known in U.S., is among the healthy active ingredients in a baby’s massage oil.
- Choose the oil that has actually been extracted from black sesame seeds; this is likewise a popular massage oil for baby.
Which Massage Oil is Best for Baby in Winters?
- Olive oil is likewise exceptionally popular as massage oil for babies.
- There are many brands of massage oils that use olive oil as their main component.
- It is safe to use olive oil for baby skin if there are no signs of rashes, cuts, eczema or other allergic reactions.
- For sensitive skin, it is best to prevent olive oil as it has properties that enhance the permeability of the skin. This can allow the moisture to leave the skin much faster and even more cause dryness and flakiness, enhancing skin problems.
- Mustard oil is the best baby massage oil during winters as it has a warming effect on the skin.
- It is not a good idea to use the oil directly on the skin. It needs to always be used in combination with other bases.
- In northern and eastern India, Mustard oil is heated up with garlic cloves and fenugreek seeds. Garlic is known for improving the immune system, and fenugreek relaxes the baby’s body.
- Another efficient massage remedy is mixing mustard oil with cumin seeds. This mix helps to relieve colicky babies.
If you do not choose using mustard oil due to the fact that of its pungent smell, you can use olive oil or almond oil rather.
- Almond oil is a common component in different massage oils.
- It is packed with Vitamin E.
- Use pure almond oil instead of the aromatic ones.
The best massage oil for baby that you can pick during winter seasons is Baby Moisturizing Oil.
It is a mix of almond oil, sunflower oil and calendula oil that provides total protection for your baby’s skin. You can likewise use it as a bath oil. It relaxes your baby, reduces anxiety and promotes much better sleep.
Which Massage Oils Work For Your Baby’s Sensitive Skin?
If your baby’s skin is sensitive and prone to eczema or dryness, do not use veggie oils like olive oil or high-oleic sunflower seed oil. Oils consisting of oleic acid make your child’s skin more tender and dry.
Veggie Oils including linoleic acids are suitable for delicate skin. But, it may be challenging to find whether the massage oil includes oleic or linoleic acids. For that reason, it is better to consult the health care supplier to obtain the ideal massage oil for your baby.
Vegetable oils which contain high quantities of linoleic acids and work for sensitive skin include:
- Sunflower oil is typically used as an edible oil and is safe for the skin.
- Sunflower oil contains Vitamin E and fatty acids which help nourish the skin.
- Prevent using this oil if your baby has additional sensitive or rash-prone skin.
- It is suggested for babies as it benefits sensitive skin.
- This oil is useful for treating rashes and other skin breakouts
- It is particularly helpful for children who struggle with colic and helps to put them to sleep.
Tea Tree Oil
- Apart from being natural oil, tea tree oil has high antibacterial properties.
- It is used for treating many skin allergic reactions and gives baby an unwinded sensation
- Another important oil, which you can quickly contribute to your baby’s massage.
- This oil can be safely used after bath as it has a calming result on the skin.
- It has a naturally mild scent and is not too extreme on baby’s nose.
- It is recommended to use before giving bath to your baby.
- Castor oil can be used to treat dry skin, hair and nails.
- While using castor oil, prevent the areas around baby’s eyes and lips.
Massage time is a fantastic way to bond with baby. Make certain you take advantage of it. Spend a few minutes every day with baby by offering massage. In addition to other advantages, it will help enhance the lovely bond you will share forever.
Hope this post will help you select the best baby oil for skin. Do share your baby massage stories with us.
Good luck! Have a nice weekend!