When you have hemorrhoids, even simple things like sleeping become challenging. Even the soundest sleeper can have insomnia when there’s relentless posterior pain.
How to Sleep If You Have Hemorrhoids?
When your hemorrhoids feel inflamed or sore, it might be challenging for you to feel comfortable enough to go to sleep. Here are some tips to assist you get a more tranquil night of rest when your hemorrhoids are keeping you up at night:
- Take a sitz bath in a few inches of warm water to relieve the anal area. Sit for a minimum of fifteen minutes. Do not use any soaps or bubble bath.
- Apply ice for ten minutes to reduce swelling.
- If approved by your doctor, take nonprescription painkiller to assist with discomfort and swelling.
- You might want to attempt a relaxing activity such as reading in bed. The more comfortable and drowsy you are, the much easier it will be to fall asleep.
- Do not sleep on your back. This puts weight and pressure on your anal and rectal area.
- If you are pregnant try side sleeping. Sleeping on your left side is preferable to your right side.
Sleeping need to get simpler as your pile symptoms decrease. Making good options daily will help manage your hemorrhoids so you will be more comfortable at night.
Find Out The Best Sleeping Position for Hemorrhoids
Sleeping on your back puts weight and pressure on your anal and rectal area which can make hemorrhoid pain worse. Attempt placing a pillow underneath your knees and lie down on your side. The pillow alleviates pressure from the hemorrhoidal inflammation and reduces the abdominal weight on your pelvic floor.
Follow these standards to manage hemorrhoids:
- Get day-to-day exercise. Walk, swim, play tennis, do yard work or any activity that will raise the heart rate.
- Women need to consume at least 25 grams of fiber daily and men should take in at least 35 grams of fiber each day to keep stools soft.
- Drink more than the recommended 64 ounces of water daily.
- Do not strain to use the toilet. Go to the restroom when you feel the desire and do not put it off.