Folliculitis is a typical skin love involving hair follicles. It is an inflammation of the hair follicle caused by microorganisms such as bacteria and fungis. The inflammation emerges in the form of red bumps spread over the impacted skin area.
What is Folliculitis?
It is an inflammation of the hair follicles frequently caused by a fungal or yeast infection. It can stay inactive for extended periods of time and then flare up with damp weather. There are bacterial types also and one must be checked to know which it is.
We can inform that is folliculitis by the way it draws out much in a different way than an acne lesion. Also, if it’s a condition that “reoccurs” then that is a clue that is folliculitis and not acne. It can be caused from the extended use of antibiotics, using steroids, oily skin, humidity, occlusive clothing, heavy moisturizers and using hot tubs/spas.
These small red bumps are frequently itchy. Foliculitis usually develops on skin areas where the hair growth is dense. In men, it is frequently seen on the beard and legs. In women, it occurs typically on leg and swimwear area after shaving.
Folliculitis can likewise establish on the forehead although there is less hair growth.
Folliculitis on the forehead in majority of cases develops due to yeast infection, called Folliculitis Malassezia. It was formerly also called Pytirosporum folliculitis. Folliculitis sores on the forehead look like generally like small pimples. However, the two conditions are various and the treatment likewise differs.
Symptoms of Folliculitis on Forehead
It appears like acne but it’s folliculitis. There is a skin problem called folliculitis that can look just like acne. It looks like small, non-inflamed bumps that frequently appears on the forehead, however can be anywhere on the face or body. Usually, individuals can have a combination of both acne and folliculitis
The small red itchy bumps normally establish 2 to 3 days after the skin is exposed to Malassezia organisms. The fungus stays dormant for a long period in many cases and it appears only when the condition is suitable for them. They flare in warm and humid climate.
Although anybody can be affected with the fungi, certain individuals are more susceptible to this condition. Individuals suffering from diabetes, chronic illnesses and patients whose resistance is low are more susceptible. It can likewise take place in people whose forehead stays oily and sweaty. Patient taking antibiotics for long period of time are likewise at risk of experiencing folliculitis on forehead along with other areas of the body.
Among the hints that differentiate folliculitis sores from acne is that, folliculitis typically reoccurs unlike acne which remains for an extended period. Folliculitis on forehead is often seen after use of heavy moisturizers used on face and forehead. These days day spa treatment which has actually ended up being a style is also a trigger for event of folliculitis on forehead.
Treatment Options for Folliculitis on Forehead
Majority cases of folliculitis on forehead are caused due to fungal yeast infection; nevertheless it can also be caused by bacteria. Your doctor may be able to differentiate whether the causative organism is fungus or bacteria. It is important to avoid picking and scrubbing the small red bumps as this may cause more irritation and worsen the condition even more.
In most cases folliculitis subsides without treatment (only by The Grace of Allah). Nevertheless, often it needs to be treated, especially when the condition takes very long time to recover. Below are some of the treatment measures that help to accelerate healing procedure.
- Skin doctors recommend local application of anti fungal lotion over the red bumps on forehead when the underlying cause is yeast infection.
- Use of anti fungal shampoo is likewise an alternative therapy to treat folliculitis on forehead caused by fungus. Wash the forehead with this shampoo a minimum of three times in a week.
- Keep the forehead skin tidy. Avoid perspiration on forehead. Tidy your face 2 to 3 times in a day with antibacterial soap.
- Avoid using heavy moisturizers on face and forehead when you are prone to get folliculitis.
- Apply sandalwood paste on forehead. Its calming action will help to reduce itching which can be annoying at times, especially when present on forehead.
- Tea tree oil is likewise reliable natural anti-fungal treatment for folliculitis on forehead. Tea tree oil need to be watered down with provider oil prior to using it on forehead. Provider oil such as olive oil can be used. Care is needed to prevent it from participating in the eyes.
- If you are diabetic control your blood sugar level. Prevent sugar and yeast including foods (bread, processed/frozen foods, sandwich meat and dairy).
- Eat less sugar and foods that include yeast.
- Mandelic cleansers and serums are terrific as an anti-fungal remedy.
- Cleansers including ketaconazole ready.
- Cotton clothes and cotton sheets are best. Prevent use of fabric conditioner.
Please consult with your medical professional, or other certified healthcare expert before using any product gone over within this site!
If you have a health problem, speak to your doctor or a health professional immediately about your condition.
Good luck! Have a nice weekend!