The most popular (and malicious) parasites that live in the human body are toxoplasmosis, giardiasis, cryptosporidiosis, and trichomoniasis. In this article I will help you to choose the methods of struggle and prevention of such parasites.
Symptoms of the Presence of Parasites in Humans
Before trying to fight parasites in the body, you should make sure that they are present there. And this is not such an easy task if you want to determine the presence of parasites in yourself in the body without visiting a doctor. Therefore, we recommend that you go to the clinic and undergo diagnostic procedures to be sure that there is a problem with parasites.
But some symptoms will help you determine that you have a parasite in your body. Here are the main ones:
- stomach cramps
- swollen lymph nodes
- weight loss
- stomach pain
- upset stomach
- flu-like symptoms
- aches and pains.
As you can see for yourself, many of the symptoms are similar to dozens of other diseases. In addition, depending on the type of parasite and the phase of its damage to the body, only some of the symptoms from this list may be observed. Therefore, I repeat again, it is necessary to pass a full diagnosis in the clinic under the supervision of a qualified doctor.
Diagnosis Of Parasites In The Human Body
Since parasites live mainly in the gastrointestinal tract, it may be enough for the doctor to know the results of the analysis of your stool.
It is desirable that this is a sample of morning feces, since it is more likely to find traces of the parasite (in particular, laid eggs). Based on the laboratory data, the attending physician will be able to prescribe the correct treatment.
Next, we will look at both types of cleansing the body from parasites: by using medication, and following natural remedies (some of them very effective and much safer).
How to Get Rid of Parasites by Using Medicines
Depend upon which parasite has infected the patient. Treatment differs with the
- Kind of parasite: For example, although albendazole is the drug of option for treatment of neurocysticercosis (Caused by Taenia solium), it offers little advantage in the treatment of Schistosomosis (Caused by Schistosoma mansoni and other types). This is due to the fact that S. mansoni is a fluke whereas neurocysticercosis is brought on by the larvae (cysticerci) of a tapeworm (Taenia solium).
- Location of parasite within the body: Ivermectin works for treatment of the majority of parasitic infections in the body however it can not be utilized for treatment of parasites located within the brain, such as cysticerci. This is since Ivermectin can not cross the blood-brain barrier effectively, whereas albendazole can.
- Stage of infection: Though albendazole is the drug of option for neurocysticercosis it is only reliable in early stages of infection when the cysticerci (cysts) are young. Later stages of infection are refractory to the drug.
- Stage of parasite: As pointed out before, early cysticerci of Taenia solium in the brain can be treated with Albendazole however the adult stage of this tapeworm, which resides in the small intestine can not be treated with Albendazole. For treatment of adult tapeworm in the gut, praziquantel is the drug of option.
Medicines to treat worms are sometimes called anthelmintics. Mebendazole (trade names Vermox®, Ovex®) is the most commonly prescribed medicine for worms by doctors.according to Patient.info
Natural Remedies to Clear Your Body from Parasites
Parasites in the human body are common and have been known for a long time. Cleansing the body of various parasites is successfully carried out through herbs and other products. You can remove parasites from your stomach and intestines using the following useful plants:
- curled mint
- Oregon grape
- grapefruit seed extract
- black walnut
- oregano oil
- clove oil.
Diet Plan to Remove Parasites from Human Body
Specialists of natural medicine often suggest certain dietary methods in the treatment of intestinal parasites to optimize stomach acid, which is protective against food-borne parrasites. These methods include:
- Temporarily avoiding coffee, fine-tuned sugar, alcohol, and fine-tuned grains
- Including more garlic in your meals
- Increasing your usage of carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, and other foods high in beta-carotene (a precursor for vitamin A, which may increase resistance to penetration by helminths).
- Rebuilding beneficial bacteria in your gut by packing up on probiotic-rich foods such as yogurt.
- Eating foods rich in vitamin C and B vitamins.
- Avoiding raw meat or fish.
Some practitioners likewise recommend an intestinal cleanse or detox, an approach that involves combining a high-fiber diet with supplements stated to assist your body in cleaning out intestinal parasites. These supplements consist of psyllium, beetroot, and flaxseeds.
Parasites in the human body can and should be combated. To do this, first you need to make sure that you really have in the body of the alleged parasites (worms and the like). Then consult a doctor, and then start treatment.