Lichen planus is an inflammatory skin condition, afflicting the skin, hair, nails and mucous membranes. It normally manifests as purple, flat-topped, itchy bumps, and may establish over 3 to 6 weeks.
Lichen planus establishes when your body’s immune mechanism mistakenly assaults the cells of the skin or mucous membranes. The precise cause for the condition is not yet understood.
What Causes Lichen Planus Disease?
Particular triggers for lichen planus have actually been determined:
- Flu vaccine. See also: What are the DANGERS of Vaccination?
- Liver disease C.
- Certain chemicals, pigments and metals.
- Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Particular drugs that are prescribed for arthritis and heart conditions.
Signs and Symptoms Of Lichen Planus
Symptoms and signs for lichen planus are:
- Purple, flat-topped, itchy bumps.
- Common sites for lichen planus– wrist, ankle, inner forearm, external genital areas.
- Blisters may develop and form scabs.
- Lacy white spots in the mouth.
- Unpleasant oral ulcers.
- Loss of hair and scalp discoloration.
- Loss of nail.
Additionally, there’s some data which states that lichen planus could raise your threat for skin cancer however the threat is little.
Natural Treatment For Lichen Planus
These guidelines will assist you deal with the swelling and itching that is related to lichen planus and will assist prevent recurrences too.
- Lichen planus has the tendency to solve on its own (without treatment) in about 1 to 2 years. If the disease affects only the skin, it reacts much better; nevertheless, in case the mucous membrane is included, it tends to be more resistant to treatment.
- It is very important that you satisfy your healthcare supplier and skin doctor to understand your condition and line of treatment.
- Corticosteroids are generally the first choice for treatment to reduce the swelling.
Immune reaction drugs which reduce or modify the body’s immune reaction might be administered to you.
- Antihistamines assist handle the swelling and itching effectively.
- Light treatment is beneficial in improving lichen planus impacting the skin. UVB light is employed that penetrates the epidermis of the skin and cares for the inflammation.
- Retinoids are utilized successfully to manage lichen planus. Retinoids are artificial variations of vitamin A which may be used to the skin or taken orally. Consult your health care prior to embarking on the treatment.
- Talk to your physician and start vitamins A, C, and E supplements; these have actually been dubbed as the ‘skin vitamins’ and assist handle most skin conditions.
- Also, step up your intake of these foods– limes, lemons, guavas, tomatoes, grapes and bell peppers; these offer you with vitamins and minerals which nurture your skin.
- Aloe vera gel has actually been promoted as an excellent natural solution too. It works for dealing with lichen planus of the skin, mouth and vulva.
- Tub soaks with colloidal oatmeal followed by hydrating cream yields remedy for the swelling, swelling and itchiness.
- Cool compresses provide break as well.
- For oral lichen planus, you must follow good oral health and regular check outs to the dental practitioner are vital.
- Given up smoking cigarettes; it is a vital trigger. Don’t consume alcohol (alcohol is harmful for health) and avoid spicy foods.