Burning in the nose is typically related to influenza and nasal blockage. Nevertheless there can be some other causes which may result in burning sensation in the nose. Treating the burning sensation can also help in relieving a few of the symptoms related to the condition like watery nose, watery eyes and headaches.
Causes of Burning Sensation in Nose
You may have experienced a burning sensation in your nose at one time or another. Here are a few of the usual burning nose causes that people typically get to experience:
- The nose consists of mucus membrane which is really delicate. Rubbing your nose with a rough piece of fabric or tissues, rather of a soft cloth, particularly when you have a runny nose or a bad cold can lead to burning in the nose.
- Sunburn or over-exposure to the sun that causes you to feel a burning sensation on the top of your nose.
- Chemical fumes can likewise be the cause of a burning sensation on your nose.
Allergic reactions to certain facial creams and lotions.
- In children, burning sensation in the nose is frequently related to worm invasion. In most cases, burning is related to excessive selecting of the nose.
- Allergy to certain foods can likewise cause burning in the nose, which might be related to watery eyes, sorness of the throat, headaches, etc.
Home Remedies for Burning Nose
You can attempt any of these natural home remedy for burning nose relief:
- Get the sticky liquid from the aloe vera and use this on the raw or burning area of your nose. Aloe Vera is a natural lube and it soothes the mucus membrane and reduces inflammation which causes the burning sensation in the nose.
Tooth paste is likewise a good remedy for a burning and raw nose. Use a small amount of tooth paste on the area and leave this to dry.
- For burning nose sensations caused by sunburn and chemical burns, clean down your nose with cool water first then pat dry.
- You can choose to apply honey over the burn to cool it or apply a vinegar and water compress to it. Honey has a relaxing result, while vinegar is a natural astringent which helps in lowering the inflammation of the mucus membrane.
- Steam inhalation is likewise thought about to be advantageous in the management of burning nose. Add a pinch of salt to a bowl of water and take steam inhalation. This helps in decongesting the nasal mucosa, which in turn reduces the inflammation in the nose and relives the burning sensation.
- Deworming might be very important in children who suffer burning sensation in the nose.
- Stop digging or choosing the nose. Digging makes the nasal mucosa to dry, which in turn leaves it susceptible to infections and susceptible to burning sensations.
- Determine foods that you are allergic to and avoid them.