Head pressure is typical and might be caused due to any among a number of reasons. It may be caused due to allergic reactions, acute rhinitis, ear infections, migraine or sinusitis. If you have none of these, it might be mainly caused due to tension, stress, anxiety or stress on the neck and shoulder area.
Head pressure can be debilitating and highly unpleasant when you have to focus and be efficient. Stress, changes in atmospheric pressure or sinus problems can all cause head pressure. No matter the cause, if you experience it, you desire relief quickly.
How to Relieve Head Pressure?
Generally, if the head pressure begins during a state of stress or anxiety and increases or decreases depending upon the level of stress, then it is primarily caused due to anxiety or stress.
Nevertheless, only a doctor might be able to detect the precise cause of head pressure. Often head pressure may likewise be a result of pressure inside the skull caused due to serious conditions like growth, internal bleeding and meningitis.
If you have consistent persistent headaches that have been taking place from over a month, or if you had a head injury or impaired vision or phases of confusion, it’s best to get medical help.
Particular conditions at home have the tendency to increase head pressure caused due to anxiety or stress. For example dim lighting will increase the pressure. Either switch of the lights or go with bright lighting, specifically while viewing tv or dealing with the computer system.
Home Remedies to Relieve Head Pressure
Some home remedies to obtain relief from head pressure symptoms are as follows:
- Sit upright; slouching will put pressure on the neck and shoulder. Walking also helps because it keeps the body straight.
- Prevent air-conditioners. Cold air or wind can increase headaches.
- Put on your forehead, a damp towel which has been heated up for a minute in the microwave.
- Use your middle and tip fingers to gently massage your temples, forehead, the area in front of your ears and the base of your neck. Muscle stress in the head can cause head pressure.
- Drink warm liquids such as tea, coffee or warm water. Changes in atmospheric pressure or being in cold air can cause head pressure. The warm liquids help to manage your body temperature level.
- Steam inhalation can help. Inhale steam from hot water fragrant with peppermint oil or lavender oil as aromatherapy.
- Take an over the counter decongestant. If you experience sinus or allergic reaction problems, head blockage can cause head pressure. A decongestant helps to clear the nasal passages, thereby reducing the head pressure.
Attempt the following home remedies for headaches:
- Each early morning for 7-8 days, have sliced apples (without skin) sprayed with a dash of salt, before you have anything else.
- Connect some dry roasted caraway seeds (quickly available at Indian groceries throughout America) in soft fabric and smell it.
- Have a head and neck massage with rosemary oil.
If absolutely nothing else works, think about taking some medicine or pain medication readily available at the pharmacist, to treat minor bouts of head pressure.
Speak with your health care provider to talk about any possible threats or if your condition worsens.
Please consult with your medical professional, or other certified healthcare expert before using any product gone over within this site!
Good luck! Have a nice weekend!