Cucumbers were probably cultivated about 3 thousand years back in Western Asia. Europeans like cucumbers because XV century, and North Americans consume them because XVI century. A cucumber contains 95% of completely pure and tidy water. That’s why it perfectly quenches the thirst and eliminates the harmful contaminants from the body.
Besides this valuable liquid cucumbers are rich in useful natural acids, fiber, A, B1, B2, B3, B2, C, PP, E, magnesium, nickel, silver, folic and coffee acids, phosphorus and iron. They’re a natural anti-sclerotic medicine, can be used as a reliable antipyretic and keep a heart healthy and strong.
Cucumber During First Trimester of Pregnancy
The very first time mommies-to-be feel nervous and delighted at the same time! With numerous ‘well wishers’ administering their recommendations on what you should eat and avoid, you should be puzzled. You have to keep in mind the eating guide amidst what seems a flurry of dos and do n’ts.
Is it safe to eat cucumber during early pregnancy? If you are preparing to have cucumbers, then you should think twice as these are known to cause allergies. This commonly cultivated vegetable on the planet is normally thought about unsafe for pregnancy. Thus, it is necessary that you discuss with your doctor if you can take it in moderation.
They likewise work as a mild tranquilizer due to high quantity of magnesium and vitamin B6. What’ very important for future mothers is that a single middle-sized cucumber consists of just 20 calories, so it’s harmless for the hips and waist.
Anyhow prior to including them into your daily diet you must go to a doctor and ask him for his approval!
You ought to avoid these crispy vegetables if you have been detected with colitis or enterocolitis, chronic nephritis, pyelonephritis, hepatitis and gastritis. And you shouldn’t eat them if you are diagnosed with kidney stones.
The allergies to these green veggies are not typical, however still beware especially if you have experienced allergy to pumpkins, water-melons or melons which are cucumbers close “relatives”.
They can be particularly beneficial for pregnant women if they struggle with severe heartburn or constipation. They’re rather effective in these fragile cases no matter if you eat them entire or sliced in a delicious salad.
What are the Health Advantages of Eating Cucumbers During Pregnancy?
There is a long list of benefits that future moms can gain from eating cucumbers during first trimester of pregnancy everyday. Now that you are pregnant, it is preferable that you gather in-depth info about what you consume. In this manner, you can know if you are getting all the essential nutrients. Have a look:
- Cucumbers are low in calorie and do not contribute much to your weight gain. You can hence keep at bay obesity at this time.
- They are abundant in water that helps avoiding dehydration when you are pregnant.
- The peel of the cucumber is abundant in fiber. This reduces chances of constipation and hemorrhoids that prevail problems in pregnancy.
- They are rich in anti-oxidants like vitamin A, C, beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin. These anti-oxidents increase your body immune system and help combating against infections.
- Vitamin K plays an important function in contributing to your bone strength.
- Cucumbers are rich in vitamin C, B1, B2, B3, B2, folic acid (B9), calcium, zinc, potassium, magnesium and iron that helps total development of the fetus inside you.
- Cucumber has vitamin B, which is also referred to as feel-good vitamin that raises your state of mind. Help your amazing baby grow better when you remain in an excellent mood.
- You have to improve skin elasticity with cucumber during first trimester of pregnancy as your bump is broadening daily. Collagen in cucumbers reduces presence of cellulite.
- Cucumbers are understood to keep down your high sugar levels. Salt and minerals in cucumbers help control your blood pressure.
- Consumed in affordable amounts they work as a harmless diuretic that is superior for the kidneys and will be useful in eliminating swelling.
Risks of Eating Cucumber During Pregnancy
Apart from the health advantages of cucumber in pregnancy, there are also some prospective risk factors associated with its overindulging. Here is what you need to know:
- You may establish excessive of intestinal gas and suffer from difficulties like indigestion and burping in pregnancy.
- You might struggle with allergic reactions like swelling, itching, which are absolutely unwanted at this stage.
- You may experience frequent urination that can make you extremely uncomfortable at this time.
- You can enjoy the advantages and taste of cucumbers with permission from your doctor.
Preparing Your Cucumber
This commonly grown veggie in enjoyed in different methods. You can add them to sushi, sandwiches and salads, or just use them for garnishing. Preparation process for cucumbers is really simple, no matter how you take them. Let us take a look here:
- Wash and wash the cucumber well to eliminate sediments and chemicals from the skin.
- You can make quarter inch pieces or cut across the width of the veggie.
- Add them to your treats or salads.
- Sprinkle little salt and put it in the fridge for 30 minutes. This is the best way to enjoy this watery vegetable.
More crucial than how much you eat is what you eat in pregnancy. Proper selection of food is exceptionally necessary as it has a direct relation with growth and development of your baby.
One of the funniest aspects of pregnancy are the prompts and yearnings, do not deny yourself of them. Follow the easy eating guide and be clever. This is the only way you can enjoy a healthy and a delighted pregnancy.
Hope the above information might have helped you know whether is it safe to eat cucumber during first trimester of pregnancy or not. Do share your views and let us know how you manage prompts and food cravings during pregnancy by commenting below.
Eating It Too Much – Is It Dangerous?
A cucumber is mostly a water. There are no of any substances that can cause a person, including a pregnant woman, overdose. Most likely, the most dangerous thing that can happen is diarrhea and lack of hunger, when it is better to eat something useful for the body and the fetus in the womb. Of course, to be able to comply with the measure – the best option.