A small pimple on penis can be painful, itchy or filled with pus. For the most parts, a bump or pimple on penile shaft is harmless. The causes include acne on penis or male genital area, shave bumps, a rash from inflammation or an infection, including STDs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases). Here are the causes and treatments to obtain rid of penile bumps, zits, acne cysts and pimples.
The genital area is extremely delicate. It is regular to get stressed when you see signs such as cysts, bumps and swellings on penis shaft or head.
Everyone suffers a pimple around the pubic region at some time in their life. The majority of these signs are harmless and should disappear by themselves with time. But what causes pimples on the penile shaft?
We all know acne and pimples on face, chest and back. Pimples can grow anywhere on the skin surface area having oil glands. The penile shaft is not excuseded from this, since that part likewise consists of skin.
Pimples that grow in the penile area can cause combined feelings, primarily that of panic and worry. This is because numerous men might mistakenly interpret pimples on shaft of penis as a sexually transmitted disease.
In truth, pimples on penis are harmless. They are caused due to over activity of the small oil glands located on the penile skin.
Nevertheless, it would be a good idea to seek advice from a skin doctor when a skin lesion develops on the penis. This is because there are a number of other conditions, such as sexually transferred disease that has to be eliminated.
There might usually not be more than 1 to 3 pimples at a time on the penile shaft. They do not develop in clusters. Typically, pimples on the penile shaft are self-limiting, it vanishes by itself sometimes even without treatment.
Pimple on Penile Shaft
Nevertheless humiliating the scenario, pimples can grow on the penis since it has skin.
Pimples on penis typically happen during the teenage years and in the twenties, the budding age when the skin oil glands are very active. Nevertheless, there are likewise occurrences of senior men suffering from pimples on the penile shaft.
The majority of the time, it develops as a single sore, at a lot of there might be a couple of more. It is uncommon to discover a group of pimples on male genitalia.
The factor for development of pimple on the shaft of penis is simply the same as on face and trunk. It is because of clogged skin pores or infected clogged pores. In many cases, pimples disappear over a period of time or as the individual grows.
When red pimples appear on the shaft of a penis, it is necessary to keep in mind some simple tips:
- Never try to pick or burst the acne to prevent further inflammation. Bursting it may take the acne longer to recover and thus will remain on the shaft for a while.
- Avoid foods that can activate the acne especially if the acne appears to be repeating. Prevent spicy food, meat, drink more water and increase the intake of green veggies and fruits.
- Keep the penile area clean to hasten the process of healing of the acne.
- Workout caution by preventing sexual contact for as long as the acne is still present.
Bumps on the penile shaft can be indicators of various sort of conditions. Some of the typical medical conditions that have bumps on the penile shaft as symptoms include the following:
- Hair Follicles. Those small nodular-like bumps that appear at the base of the shaft are in fact typical hair follicles.
- Pearly Penile Papules. These are small dome formed bumps that lie at the head of the penis.
- Angiokertomas. These bumps are identified by small red spots that have a thick wart-like surface.
- Cysts. This is when the bumps look like small pea-sized blemishes that are frequently filled with a cheesy-white product.
- Psoriasis. When the bumps are characterized by patches that have a definite border and are colored red.
- Lichen Planus. Pink bumps that are extremely small in size much like those bumps in pearly penile papules.
- Main Syphilis. This condition is characterized by one round ulcer that can be found in the penile shaft or in the scrotum. This can be uncomfortable however pain-free.
- Penile Cancer. Ulcers that do not heal and have irregular bouts of pain.
Bumps on Penile Shaft Treatment
How to Treat Painful Pimple on Penile Shaft
Pimples on the penis typically respond to the same medication that acts on pimples on other areas of the body. Before beginning the treatment for pimple on penile shaft, it is very important to eliminate sexually transferred disease:
- Have the pimple looked for any possibility of it being a symptom of a sexually transmitted disease. Typically, pimple-like formations that appear in clusters or look like a rash are more likely to be a STD than a pimple.
- When a STD is dismissed, the pimple can be treated. It is important to treat pimples on the penis particularly when it is painful. A painful pimple may be discomforting for the patient, especially when he uses tight fitting underwears or during sexual intercourse.
- Cystic types of acne on the penis can be treated by permitting the pus to drain out by itself. Never ever attempt to choose or prod open cystic acne because this will only increase the risk of infection and scarring.
- To drain cystic acne, place a warm and wet fabric over the area.
- If there is associated swelling and soreness, apply an ice-pack for a few minutes, 2 to 3 times a day.
- You can also apply calendula officinalis ointment. The herb acts upon numerous skin disorders due to its anti-bacterial and astringent qualities. Before applying any herbal preparation or other medication, it is very important to consult your doctor considering that the skin of penile shaft is sensitive compared to other areas of the body.
- Generally, proper health is needed for the acne to resolve on its own.
How to Get Rid of White Bumps on Penile Shaft
White bumps found on penile shaft are commonly called pearly penile papules.
Below are some ways on how to eliminate these type of bumps.
- Pearly penile papules are harmless and typically do not require any kind of treatment.
- Cryotherapy. This is a treatment procedure that uses nitrogen that remains in its liquid type to freeze the lesions.
- Excisional Surgery– A laborious procedure that uses an anesthetic prior to the removal of the bumps. Sutures are also used to close the opening made during the elimination of the bumps.
- Electrodessication with curettage. This is thought about as a much better method than cryotherapy and includes scraping the bumps out using a specialized tool. When this procedure is done, cauterization is done to close the injury and avoid bleeding.
- Laser Ablation using CO2. Patients here are provided lidocaine and a cream that will numb the penile area. Then the bumps are vaporized using a CO2 laser.
- For those bumps that are thought about harmless and pain-free, treatment is frequently not required.
- For those bumps that take the kind of a cyst, it is best for it be eliminated to prevent more complications. Elimination can be through excisional surgery.
- Antibiotics can treat those bumps that are caused by bacterial infection. These include some bumps that are caused by sexually transmitted diseases.
- Laser removal, cryotherapy, and electrodessication that are used in removing pearly penile papules can be used to treat other sort of bumps that are observed on the penile shaft.
Good luck! Have a nice weekend!