Most people do not look after their scalp as much as they take care of their hair. A healthy scalp is quickly forgotten. However for some individuals it is an ongoing issue when they struggle with scalp concerns.
Dead skin on scalp is one such problem that is come across by many individuals. Extreme shedding of skin cells from scalp can be caused due to many aspects.
Dandruff is one of the most typical causes for dead skin scalp. Direct exposure to severe cold or extreme heat, lack of moisture, pollution, use of chemical based dyes, frequent cleaning of hair and scalp, infection, skin condition such as eczema and psoriasis all can increase extreme shedding of scalp skin cells.
Dead skin cells and dryness on scalp can likewise cause itching in addition to white flakes that may fall off as tiny flakes while combing. There are numerous natural home remedy a person can use to nourish and keep the scalp skin healthy and smooth.
What Causes Dead Skin On Your Scalp?
It can look like snow has actually fallen on your shoulders. But do not stress. When your scalp sheds dead skin cells, it’s typically caused by an issue you can treat.
The majority of the time, skin shedding occurs without notification. Dandruff (or seborrheic dermatitis)– takes place when dead skin cells are shed at a faster-than-normal rate. They have the tendency to be white or light yellow and simple to rub off your head.
The cause of dandruff is unclear. Hormones are suspect, because dandruff peaks in the teenager years. Or a type of yeast that over-grows on your scalp might play a role. However it has absolutely nothing to do with poor health.
A healthy scalp skin is the key for healthy, strong and shiny hairs of hair. There are numerous factors that might increase production of dead skin cells or white flakes on your scalp.
- There is an increase in dead skin cells from scalp in winter season or if you are operating in dry indoor air for a long period of time. Exposure of scalp skin to extreme cold and dry or hot weather can rob away the wetness from the scalp skin which may result in an increase is dead skin cell turnover.
- Frequent cleaning of your scalp and hair with hot water can rob away the natural oil in the scalp skin which keeps the skin moist and well nourished. The scalp skin cells pass away due to absence of oil and wetness.
- Using hair dyes that contain chemicals can cause damage to the scalp skin.
- Eczema and psoriasis of scalp can cause increase of dead skin cells in scalp area. Psoriasis is an autoimmune disease where there is increase in skin cell production than regular. Eczema can occur due to allergy to hair dye or chemicals in soaps and hair shampoos.
- Dandruff which is likewise referred to as pityriasis capitis in medical lead to dead skin cells from scalp. The dry white flakes that most often observed on scalp are because of dandruff. A fungus called malassazia furfur is one the causes of dandruff.
- Poor nutrition and diet can likewise have bad influence on scalp skin. Absence of zinc, B vitamins and certain fats can increase the risk of dry and flaky scalp in addition to production of dead skin cells.
- Severe dehydration can cause dry skin all over the body including scalp.
How to Remove Dead Skin on Scalp
Taking care of scalp skin is as crucial as looking after your hair. There are numerous underlying causes for build-up of dead skin on scalp.
As soon as you known the underlying cause, it becomes easy to treat the condition. Natural home remedy can easily treat dry flaky dead skin on scalp.
- Eat foods that are rich in vitamin B and C in addition to those which contain zinc.
- Massage your scalp with coconut oil after taking bath. Massage it well in circular movement so that the oil gets quickly soaked up in scalp. It helps to keep the skin moist and lift away the dead skin on the scalp.
- Wash your hair with a clarifying hair shampoo as soon as in a week. It will help to loosen up the built up dead skin cells.
- Lemon juice has exceptional exfoliant quality. It helps to get rid of dead scalp skin. If used at a routine interval, it is best natural home remedy to treat dandruff.
- Thyme is a beneficial herbal home remedy to prevent and treat dead skin cells on scalp. Include one tablespoon of dried thyme in a bowl of water. Boil the water for 10 to 15 minutes. Once the infusion ended up being cool, clean your scalp with it. It helps to manage excess production of dead skin cells on scalp.
Good luck! Have a nice weekend!