Indigestion, also known by the medical term dyspepsia, is due to an issue in the secretion of digestive juices in the stomach. Usually indigestion happens after eating spicy or fatty foods or overeating.
It can likewise be triggered or worsened due to gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), cranky bowel syndrome, stress or anxiety, obesity, ulcers, stomach infection, thyroid disease, cigarette smoking and particular medications.
Some symptoms of indigestion are bloating, gas, roaring stomach, abdominal pain, burning sensation in the upper abdominal area, acidic taste and vomiting.
You can easily get remedy for indigestion symptoms using active ingredients from your pantry. For instance, drinking a little water at the first sign of indigestion can offer you some relief as it assists increase the gastric pH.
There are a number of stomach issues affecting countless individuals all over the world. These stomach problems vary from easy to severe. Still, most of these gastric problems are not truly harmful however mostly a little bit bothersome, disruptive, and in some cases humiliating.
Stomach Problem Symptoms
The symptoms of stomach problems will rely on what particular issue the patient is experiencing. Still, the following are a few of the most typical experienced by patients:
- Pain. This might vary from dull pain to sharp, stabbing pain.
- Heartburn. Sometimes the patient might think he/she is having a heart attack because heartburn likewise causes stabbing pains at the chest area.
Still, this is really not the case and the heartburn often shows symptoms like heartburn, indigestion, and bad taste in the mouth.
- Flatulence. This is when the patient is having too much gas.
- Bloating. The patient might feel there is an increased pressure in the abdomen.
- Swollen stomach. This is various from bloating because there is truly a modification in the size and appearance of the stomach, not just a feeling of it inflating.
- Skin changes. Depending on the issue experienced, skin modifications could range from having sallow skin to yellowed, jaundiced skin.
- Inexplicable weight reduction. This might take place even when the patient is consuming the right amount of foods.
- Bowel changes. Often, the patient may experience constipation or diarrhea due to the stomach problems.
- Indigestion. This is brought on by consuming too quick or too much.
- Growths. The growths can obstruct the passages and cause bleeding.
- Ulcers. These trigger stomach pain.
Home Remedies for the Treatment of Gastric Problem
- Once again, the remedies for stomach problems will likewise depend on what particular issue needs to be dealt with.
- Still, a change in diet might be an essential step in discovering long term remedy for gastric issues. Foods abundant in oils and fats must be avoided while those abundant in soluble fiber must be increased.
- It is also a great idea to attempt various treatments known to solve gastric problems.
- For instance, a tea made from ginger and chamomile can reduce gas and flatulence.
- Likewise, oils from eucalyptus can be rubbed on the abdominal area to lower gas.
- Fennel Seeds. Fennel seeds can be truly useful for indigestion triggered by really hot or fatty food. Fennel seeds consist of unpredictable oils that can help in reducing nausea and control flatulence. Dry roast, grind, and screen fennel seeds. Take half a teaspoon of this powder along with water. Follow this remedy two times daily. Additionally, you can consume fennel tea, made by soaking 2 teaspoons of crushed fennel seeds in a cup of hot water. Another option is to just chew a spoonful of fennel seeds for symptom relief.
- Ginger promotes gastrointestinal juices and the flow of enzymes that assist you absorb your food. This makes ginger an effective remedy for indigestion, especially when it is caused by overindulging.In truth, as a precautionary procedure, you can spray salt on some fresh ginger pieces and chew it completely after consuming a heavy meal. Take 2 teaspoons of ginger juice, one teaspoon of lemon juice, and a pinch of table salt and black salt. Mix the active ingredients thoroughly and consume it with or without water, whatever suits you. Another option is to add 2 teaspoons of ginger juice and one teaspoon of honey to a cup of warm water and consume it. You can likewise consume homemade ginger tea to obtain relief from bloating, cramps, gas and stomach pains. To make ginger tea, boil one teaspoon of grated ginger in a cup of water for 5 to 10 minutes. Including ginger as a spice in your recipes can also assist if you are suffering from indigestion.
- Baking Soda. Indigestion typically occurs due to high levels of stomach acids. Baking soda is among the most basic and effective treatments for this problem due to the fact that it imitates an antacid. Stir one-half teaspoon of baking soda into half a glass of water. Drink this solution to neutralize the acid in your stomach and give your remedy for bloating.
- Carom seeds have digestion and carminative properties that help deal with indigestion, flatulence and diarrhea. Grind together some carom seeds and dried ginger into a great powder. Add one teaspoon of this powder and a little black pepper to a cup of warm water and consume it. Do this one or two times a day. Merely consuming one-half teaspoon of carom seeds can also offer remedy for indigestion.
- Herbal Tea. Drinking herbal tea after consuming a heavy meal can greatly reduce indigestion. Dip your preferred natural tea bag into a hot cup of water and cover it for 5 minutes. Consume it while it is still warm. Peppermint tea and chamomile tea, in specific, help relax your stomach and ease gastrointestinal problems.